Due to current school closures, AP exams will proceed differently in 2020. CollegeBoard announced this week that it is making some changes to ensure students can still take AP exams to earn college credit:
- AP exams will be 45-minute exams taken from home.
- AP exams will be changed to only include material covered through early March 2020.
- Colleges have accepted this solution and will honor AP exam scores in this shortened format.
- CollegeBoard is offering free online AP review and free practice exams to support students’ continued learning between now and May.
- Students can take the 2020 AP exams on any device – computer, tablet, or phone.
- Students without reliable device or internet access should contact CollegeBoard so accommodations can be made.
To see the full announcement from CollegeBoard about changes for 2020 exams, please see this link. What continues below is general information about the AP exams.
In general, AP exams are not required by colleges, but receiving college credit for AP scores is advantageous for students, so most students taking AP classes will take the AP exams in the hopes of receiving credits that can be applied to their college transcripts.
Because AP scores are not typically added to an official high school transcript, students have the option of including AP scores when they’re filling out their college applications. AP scores are occasionally used by colleges after a student is accepted to waive prerequisite requirements and place freshmen into classes.
For 2020, testing will not proceed in the traditional 2-week format. CollegeBoard is posting assignments and updates regularly at its AP Central website. Please refer there for the most up-to-date information about your 2020 exam.
Good luck on your AP exams!
Do you like what you’ve read? Please click the links to share with friends who would also benefit from knowing the AP Exam test schedule.
About Winward Academy – Winward Academy is one of the world’s leading innovators in the online education space, providing web-based academic support that enhances students’ knowledge, confidence, and competitiveness in middle and high school academics and in college applications. We help thousands of students every year by providing personalized, comprehensive ACT and SAT test preparation and extensive math curriculum support. The Winward Academy learning platform honors over 40 years of education and cognitive psychology research, incorporating proven techniques that promote effective learning.
Winward Academy’s unmatched reputation is wholly attributable to our students’ exceptional success and to the trust earned among students, parents, and schools around the world.