Constantly Building Tools to Support Educators
We strive to empower educators to achieve outstanding results with students. One key initiative is to offer valuable resources that make it easier for teachers to teach and students to learn. We offer a robust suite of instructional resources to support educators in implementing Winward Academy in their classrooms. We are always adding new resources to this list, and we welcome requests from our partners.
We provide daily lesson plans, student-facing handouts, and annotated answer keys for all of our lessons. We offer training on best practices to leverage these tools with students.
Ready to print handouts that mirror the handouts used in each lesson’s video make it easy for students to follow along and take notes.
Fully completed student handouts are used to support teachers as they monitor student progress and respond to data.
Instructors are provided with lesson-specific teacher tips, context to share with students, pacing guides, and opportunities for practice.
Long-Term Planning Resources
Educators need a clear vision for the content students will learn and when each lesson will take place. We offer long-term planning resources to support educators and leaders in making thoughtful and informed instructional decisions.
Detailed Study Plan
This is a powerful resource aligned to the academic or calendar year that includes high impact strategies for students and a weekly study plan from 8th through 12th grade.
Scope and Sequence Plan
This planning document allows for schools and organizations to map out which lessons they want to teach throughout the school year. Our team supports with instructional decisions.
Engagement and Culture Building Resources
rapport and trust
We recognize that building trusting learning partnerships between students and educators is essential to unlocking significant learning, so we offer resources that accelerate this relationship-building process.
We offer scripted powerpoint presentations for teachers to onboard and support their students on the Winward Academy platform.
This toolkit offers best practices that educators can use to build relationships and engagement with students in their classrooms.
Support for All Learners
This essential guide offers educators a list of best practices for accommodations to support diverse learners in their classrooms.
Winward Academy has permission from ACT and CollegeBoard to offer a complete suite of exam materials and administration support to establish baseline performance and track growth over time.
- Full length practice exams
- Presentation to preview a practice exam for students
- Math formula sheets
- Project plan for admin to facilitate an exam
- Practice exam logistics document
- Protoring materials
Test Corrections Materials
- Presentation on How to Review a Practice Test
- Test Corrections handout
- Goal Setting handout
- Topics Over Time handout
Winward Academy Supports All Learners
Our Level AA compliant platform not only scaffolds to support remediation, but also accelerates learning for more advanced students. We are intentional about the features and materials we develop to support all learners while their instructors monitor their progress.
- Enjoy predictability with a consistent format and presentation of content
- Hear direct instruction spoken aloud with the ability to replay and adjust volume to the appropriate level
- Watch video lessons with closed captioning
- Access models of solutions to all questions that are demonstrated and explained
Response to Data Accommodations
- Receive frequent feedback and positive reinforcement
- Track results over time to analyze progress and areas of persistent struggle
- Review results privately to alleviate the pressure of students publicly struggling or feeling embarrassment
- Track progress within an individual lesson and access step-by-step explanations that review common mistakes and tricky questions
Organizational Skills Accommodations
- Use tools to keep track of progress and stay organized with tasks to be completed
- Access equation and formula resources as needed
- Record reflections and hints in a central location for future reference
Pacing and Scheduling Accommodations
- Focus on specific topics in smaller, more digestible chunks
- Take breaks after completing a topic within a lesson or after a small amount of multiple choice questions
- Break up multiple choice into smaller chunks with review of mistakes as practice in between
- Complete assignments in several timed sessions or in a different order
- Complete a subset of multiple choice questions to qualify as a proper reduced assignment
- Adjust the speed of the lesson and explanations to fit desired learning pace
Experience the Winward Effect!
Winward Academy supports implementation of any size with intervention, acceleration, and college graduation readiness initiatives. Our unmatched reputation is wholly attributable to students’ exceptional success and to the trust earned among students, parents, and educators around the world.