SAT Prep Pricing
Options Tailored to Your Needs
Our SAT preparation plans accommodate students who benefit from various levels of personal support. Students can choose from self-paced programs, ones with personalized study plans based on diagnostic assessments, or premier plans with weekly accountability check-ins from an ACT expert. Not sure which program is right for you or your teen? Call or email us.
Game Changer +
250 points average growth
- All content, strategies, practice exams, and personal study plan included in the Game Changer + Study Plan bundle
- 12 months of access and personal support
EXPERT SAT COACH
- Weekly check-ins to monitor progress and track performance
- Additional practice tests, worksheets, and analysis provided to boost results
- In-depth planning for each student's testing schedule and timeline
- Best for students who benefit from being held accountable by an SAT expert who connects with them each week
Game Changer +
Personal Study Plan
190 points average growth
- All content, strategies, and practice exams included in the Game Changer Self-Paced bundle
- 12 months of access and personal support
PERSONAL STUDY PLAN
- Real diagnostic with in-depth analysis of strengths and weaknesses
- Personal study plan developed to maximize results based on diagnostic
- Weekly plan customized to each student's needs and schedule
- Best for students who benefit from knowing exactly what to do and when and who will follow a schedule once it's provided
130 points average growth
- All content and strategies for the SAT and ACT
- 10,000+ practice questions from past real exams
- Step-by-step explanations for 8 real SAT tests and 8 real ACT tests
- 12 months of access
- Note: Bundles include content, strategies, and practice tests for the SAT and ACT, so if you're not sure which is better for you then you'll have the option to prepare for either or for both
Try our award-winning program for 14 days with no commitment.
Sign up for a free trial with limited access to lessons and practice questions.
Included with Every Membership
12 Months of Learning
Access award-winning curriculum for one year
Personal Mistake Bank
Save missed questions for focused review
Understand every step for every question
Generate a personal study guide with notes
What Students & Parents Say
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should use Winward Academy?
• Anyone can use Winward Academy! While our program is primarily used by high-school students, middle-schoolers through life-long learners benefit from our lessons and unique features.
• High-schoolers use Winward Academy to master the ACT and SAT, thrive in math class, and shine in their college applications.
• Learners benefit whether they study on their own, need help organizing a schedule, have lots of time after school, or are super busy.
What makes Winward Academy’s teaching different?
• Every video lesson is written and taught by Dr. Jennifer Winward, a distinguished 20-year veteran of high school tutoring and a renowned teaching professor at UCSD.
• Dr. Winward’s personal passion for life-long learning defines her teaching style and allows you to experience the true value of knowledge gained.
• Dr. Winward prepares and presents each lesson so it builds in difficulty, guiding you with repetition to ensure you learn and retain concepts.
• With Dr. Winward, you get a deeper understanding of concepts because she highlights places at which students commonly make mistakes. You are made aware of, and then avoid, those same errors in your own work.
• Dr. Winward’s teaching methods are informed by 40 years of research on adolescent brain development, specifically how learning, memory, and executive functioning change during these critical adolescent years.
• Dr. Winward designs every lesson with meticulous care. When she’s eager to share a lesson with her own loved ones, she knows it’s ready to share with you.
• You’ll experience Dr. Winward’s enthusiasm for teaching from start to finish on every video lesson. It’s not hard to enjoy learning when you have a tutor who loves what she does.
• Dr. Winward delivers challenging concepts in a clear and concise manner that resonates with students of all abilities and all ages.
How is Winward Academy SAT prep different?
• Winward Academy is distinguished in offering more instruction and more practice questions than other test prep programs, and in offering unique features of a Mistake Bank, Stay Sharp, and more. Learn more about our approach and these features.
• We know there’s pressure to do well on standardized tests and in school. Our program gives access to preeminent teaching methods, so you feel less stressed and more prepared on test day.
• Mindful Moments, unique to Winward Academy, offers topical, life-building skills beyond academic learning. Examples include the following: best sleep practices during adolescence, stretches while studying, nutrition overview and the best meal to eat before an exam, and positive self-esteem despite rising academic and peer pressures.
What is the Mistake Bank?
• Missed questions are automatically added to your Mistake Bank, generating a personalized study guide as you move through a lesson.
• You can always go back to the Mistake Bank to review your mistakes and to access more practice questions similar to the ones you missed.
How do I know what I need to study for the test?
• Winward Academy provides detailed study plans for the SAT that break down lessons in order based on how frequently they’re tested.
• Students can also review questions by lesson and topic to guide their studying and to identify areas on which to focus.
Where do all the practice questions come from?
• Be confident you are learning the right topics. All of our practice questions are based on real past exams.
What if I get stuck on a question?
• Never feel stuck! A video-based explanation to EVERY practice question is just a click away. You can always access hints or instructional support videos on how to solve a problem whenever you need extra help.
What should I expect in a lesson?
• A downloadable handout accompanies each video tutorial, giving you a structure to follow and a place to keep notes.
• Each video is approximately one hour long and contains explanation and sample questions. You have the opportunity to follow along as sample questions are solved, then to practice questions on the material presented.
• If you make an error and want to review the portion of the video explaining the topic on which you made a mistake, just click and the video will load at the appropriate bookmark.
• With intuitive navigation and easy review of mistakes, you can focus your learning and drastically improve your performance.
• Our unique teaching approach focuses on your long-term retention of knowledge, not just short-term test performance.
Does Winward Academy have iPad/iPhone/Android access? And what browsers are supported?
• Yes, you are able to watch lessons on iPads or smart phones. However, we feel that students will have an optimized learning experience with a bigger screen, while sitting at a desk to take notes during the video lesson.
• Our platform is optimized for Chrome, Safari, Edge, and Firefox. Please note that it is not supported on Internet Explorer.
• We recommend using Chrome as your browser.